Eggs (also called free-range eggs) are a great source of many nutrients which many people have deficiency of. One egg offers you:
• As many as 9 essential amino acids
• Zeaxanthin and Lutein (both of which are good for the eyes)
• High-quality proteins, nutrients which are important not only for building body tissues but also for their repair and maintenance.
• Chlorine (important for brain health and for nervous system and cardiovascular system)
• Vitamin B12
When it comes to providing vitamins, kale is as good a source as any. It is especially rich in the following vitamins and nutrients:
• Vitamin A, Vitamin B, and Vitamin C
• Lutein and Zeaxanthin (good for the eyes)
• Indole-3-carbinol (there are suggestions that this compound may reduce the risk of colon cancer)
Maintaining a healthy balance of gut flora is very important from many aspects. For sure it helps improve digestion, but it does a lot more than that. Probiotics ensures the body’s various systems are kept healthy. Probiotics also helps the immune system differentiate between antigens that are not harmful and those that are harmful. This, in turn, ensures that the immune system does not over-react to harmless antigens unnecessarily which is the root cause of allergies.
Avocados are an outstanding source of healthy raw fat and about 20 essential nutrients, the top ones being the following:
• Vitamin E and
• Folic acid
Apart from being rich in plant components and phytochemicals, almonds are an excellent source of the following essential nutrients:
• Vitamin E
As almonds are rich in proteins and fiber, both of which fills you up easily, they serve as a good weight loss food. In one study, participants who ate 3 ounces of this healthy nut every day lost over 60% more weight than those on a low-calorie diet.
Short URL: http://indiawires.com/?p=66985