Assam Violence: Seva Bharati’s Relief Activity Update
Saturday, July 28th, 2012 | by News desk
Following are some key details provided by Seva Bharati in Guwahati on their relief activities and conditions prevailing there.
Present Activities and condition:
- Seva Bharathi has set up 3 base camps for medical relief exercise.
- 2 in Kokrajhar and 1 in Gossaigaon.
- They have pressed 2 ambulances and two teams of doctors and helpers at these camps
- Medicines are being given at these camps for contagious and water borne diseases.
- Relief materials which are of immediate importance are being provided in these camps now.
- Mosquito coils, bread, biscuits, bed sheets were distributed.
- They expect that people will stay in relief camps for at least 20 days to a month as many areas are still under grip of violence
- Curfew has been lifted only in few parts of Kokrajhar and Gossaigaon where violence has abated.
- There are other areas and districts where violence is still happening and curfew is still in vogue. (Seva activities cannot reach them now)
- Victims at camps are in need of books, cloths and also food. Relief clothing provided now are used clothes. New cloths need to be provided soon.
- Huge finance is required and any amount is small. Not yet calculated the exact amount required as Seva bharathi is using its relief fund now. So any amount of donation will help immensely.
- Funds credited directly to Seva Bharati, Guwahati account will be of immense help.
Short URL: http://indiawires.com/?p=12350