Kerala: 2 Popular Front Activists Arrested in Connection with Vishal Murder Case

Friday, July 20th, 2012 | by

Kerala police has arrested two activists of Popular Front in connection with murder of RSS-ABVP activist Vishal. The arrested individuals have been identified as Nasim and Shafique, active members of Popular Front, an extremist

Kerala police has arrested two activists of Popular Front, in connection with murder of RSS-ABVP activist Vishal. The arrested individuals were identified as Nasim and Shafique, were active members of Popular Front, a extremist Muslim  organization based in Kerala. Shreeshailam Veettil Vishal (19), was murdered last Tuesday at Chengannur, Alappuzha district, Kerala.

Nasim and Shafique who hail from Pandalam Kadakkaduth area are accused No.1 and No.5 respectively. They are currently lodged in Chengannur Police station, from where, they will later be produced in First Class Magistrate. Nasim happens to be a 3rd year degree student of Christian College Chengannur, the same college where Vishal studied.

Vishal’s funeral was held at his residence in Mulakkuzha, Chengannur on Wednesday. The ABVP observed a State-wide education bandh on Thursday to protest against the inaction of the state government in effectively ending the alleged operations of Muslim fundamentalists in the college campuses of Kerala.

The ABVP has called for a government ban of the Campus Front, which is allegedly a new form of the banned Islamist organization SIMI. Campus Front’s parent body PFI was responsible for the Taliban-styled hand chopping of a college professor in July, 2010. The professor was attacked for preparing a question paper that allegedly blasphemed Prophet Muhammad.

Photo courtesy: Asianet news

Short URL: http://indiawires.com/?p=12276